Tuesday, April 28, 2020

the head key

I had just finished the first season of Locke and Key, a Netflix series. It has been in my list-to-watched-series since the day the series was released, but  only had time to watch it recently. Hokayyyhh, so Locke and Key tells about a Locke Family who possess magical keys. They were created by The Locke hundreds years ago, for whatever purpose it is, I hope they will reveal in the next season.


Out of all this keys, if I had had the chance to be one of the keepers, I would like to go for the Head Key. This key allows the person to walk inside their head/ others'. How? It's magic. Well, basically every single person in the series got an invisible key hole at the nape of their neck that will only come to appearance the seconds they hold the key near it. Once the key clicked, a door come into sight. Just go thru the door and walla you're now inside your/someone's else head.

I would like to go strolling around the sections in my brain, and go into the memory lane. I would like to visit my childhood. I guess I would go to this particular time often the moment my oldies were no longer here. If I were to describe my childhood, it was wonderful. I would like to visit other pleasant moments too like the day big exams result were announced where I could see the happy faces, bundles of congratulatory messages, the day I became a doctor etc. This reminds me of About Time. Tim go back in time to meet his late father, repeating the things they did in the past. There are also time where he did go back to correct his mistakes and as the consequences changes his future. Butterfly effect. In Locke and Key the situation is different. They cant go back in time. For each memories, they are only able to experience it as the third person, as they are watching their past old self. Like watching a movie.

There was a scene, where Tyler Locke goes inside his head, leaving behind a book: Massachusetts,  and he suddenly mastered the history of Massachusetts. Imagine if I could do the same, dont need 5 years to study medicine! Is this consider as cheating? Luls.

Other amazing thing about this key is that you can see your own fear. Sometimes your own fear manifested in a monster form and it is real scary! Wonder how Kinsey had the courage to fight her own fear. She dragged the fear out of her brain and buried it alive. Subsequently she turned into someone different, by throwing away her fear she became somewhat self centered, didnt even bother of other people that at one time putting her friends in great danger. Fear can be a good thing.

To think again, I dont need the key to visit my past memories, it is always here in my heart. Whatever happened in the past makes me who I am today. Things that hurt me, had make me became stronger and grateful for everything that I have now. I dont need eidetic memory to succeed, hard work is all I need. Okay feels burning inside! Ha-ha.




No comments: