Tuesday, October 9, 2018

how I spend my long holiday before housemanship

Even before sitting final professional exam, I have already had tons of plans how to spend my holidays. Fast forward, its been 2 months at home and only some of the plans get really done. 

1. Part time job 

I worked at the bakery, from 1230 pm to 930 pm (full) or 430 pm to 930 pm (half day). It was hard at first as theres no break in between. The only break is when theres no customers. I need 2/3 times break for praying purpose. The owner is a Chinese man. Half of the workers are Malay Muslims but none of them go praying. I asked for nearest place to pray, and they say masjid that is 2 mins drive from the bakery. Its not far but to go out 3 times, for each at least 15 mins total up its 45 mins. 

The boss didnt really like the idea of going out for praying, unless I replace the 45 mins by coming work earlier than scheduled. So I agreed with that. Thats one of the reason why they, the Malay Muslims dont go praying. Work& money over praying. It is so wrong. The one that gives you money is Him not the boss. Even the male didnt go for Jumaat prayer. I did asked one of them why didnt you pray, the answer is they feel guilty going out during working hour  even for praying. Nevermind. 

Other than the prayer part, the rest are okay to me. I need to pack the bread & cookies, arranging them, entertain the customer that wants to buy cakes, making waffles, washing the dishes & mop the floor. After a week, its become easy. Of course for someone who never work for her entire 25 years of life, its difficult at first to do the chores. I become close to other staffs & boss mother. I called her apo which means grandma.

Unfortunately, when I started to become comfortable with the job, boss asked me to quit. Want to know why? My bad. I did tell one of the staffs that I wont work long, probably after a month and half I'm gonna quit or maybe take a break as I have my convocation and going to Saudi for umrah in November. She straight away told boss. Few days later, boss asked me to leave as he wants a permanent worker and already found one, he thought i would be there till before housemanship which is around April 2019. Lesson learnt do not tell anyone in your workplace whats in your mind especially things that related to work. I did cry when apo hugged me, she told me this "you have a good heart, I know youll be a good doctor" 

Other than the bakery, Idid apply cikgu ganti & waiting for any vacancy in the nearest pharmacy. 

2. Learn how to cook 

So since i'm not working anymore, I have so much time at home, I learned cooking with grandma. She taught me how to cook masakan kampung and kuih tradisional. Now I can cook sambal, tiga rasa, lemak, pindang, kicap and simple veggies dishes. Still so much things I havent learnt like masak kari, masak kurma, rendang and many more. 

3. Spend time with family 

At the age of 13, I went to boarding school which is MRSM Pontian, now known as MRSM Tun Dr Ismail for 5 years, continuing my studies in CFS IIUM for 2 years before enrolling medschool in IIUM Kuantan for 5 years. Total up 12 years away from family. I missed many family events. The one that I really regretted for not attending was 50th wedding anniversary of atuk and nenek.

It was in August 2008 school holidays,  I was 15, going to sit for trial PMR and I had additional class. I thought it was just yasinan (in Johor like every weekend there will be Yasin recitation in appointed house from a small group of people. The house owner will serve food after the recitation) I called nenek telling her that i couldnt go home, nenek convinced me that its just a small gathering makan-makan, so dont worry and study for exam. Few days later, I went home and then I knew its not just yasinan, it was their anniversary. I cried a river. 

Hence, now is the time for me to really spend time with my family. Later, when i got into housemanship, i will get really really like really really busyyyy. How to spend time with family? Its easy. Attend wedding together, cooking together, chit chat, watching tv together, accompany them to hospital, going shop together. Basically, just do everything together. 

4. Watching television 

I purposely didnt copy any movies or series into my laptop and turned out to be a lil bit bored at home. Thanks to mak, she allowed me to cut sports channel and subscribed movie packages for only RM 111.30 per month. Cheaper than before. 

5. Feed the cats 

Every morning, I would give my 6 cats a mixture of rice and whiskas. They really love it. I used to have more than 10 cats at home, but due to accidents and diseases only 6 left. 

6. Scrolling the socmed 

Luls. 

I should have startes revising now but hmm can i save it for later? hihihihi. Let me enjoy my holiday first. Some of other things that I planned to do are planting flowers, selling popia nestum and carbonara. 

And also, to blog regularly! Like every week or maybe more often than that? 

Till then, 
Bye. 

x

No comments: