Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Finding iPhone

If I tell you my missing iPhone had been found in less than 24h will you believe me?
Please do.
Read this POST first.

So this post is all about the journey to find Siti's iPhone (my first name is Siti so hihi)

I lost the phone on Friday (18th Dec) around 1.30 p.m. 1.48 p.m was the last time my phone was seen online (thru find my iPhone) and it was at someplace (we named it as X okay?) that I didnt know probably somewhere nearby the domestic airport. The apps only showed me the roof of the building so I didnt know whether it is a house, a shop, a warehouse, or whateverlah. As what I had said in the previous post, I lose hope. I cried a lot. My friend ask me whether I wanted to make a police report or not, I said no. What they can do? Will they believe on me? It is not a case involving crime, it was just my carelessness. I started googling for a new iPhone (second hand of course, I got no much money in my pocket). I thought I was okay. But I wasnt. I cried while writing the previous post. My friends, Beh & Diyana lent me their phone. But without simcard, it was useless. I need to renew my simcard. My mom scolded me for being so careless. I got mad too. How could she. She should calm me down instead of scolding. It is hard to explain the way I felt then.

I wish he was here. I started making myself busy. I didnt eat anything since noon, but I wasnt hungry. Glad my stomach understood. I couldnt sleep. Cortisol secretion increased as I was stressed out. That explained much things.




Around 9 p.m, Asila convinced me (again) to make a police report. I was like are you kidding man? Do you think the police will entertain? They got so much works to do. They probably wont have time for us. Hmm but we knew the last place the phone was at. So what if we try looking for it. Like dapat dapatlah tak dapat pasrah je. At least we try. No regrets.

Together with Asi, Tee Mars and At, we went to our first checkpoint which was Balai Polis JJJJ. I told them the purpose for making the report is to get back my phone. I showed them the map. Like what Ive been expecting, yes they didnt have time to entertain.

One of the inspector said,
"Terus teranglah saya cakap dik, ini bukan kes jenayah, ini kes kecuaian. Jadi kami tak dapat nak buat apa. Kami cuba untuk bantu sebab cik perempuan"
K.

They asked us to go to the nearest police station to X by our own. We had to find the station ourselves. Glad we finally made it.

So next stop was Balai Polis MMMM. I was moved, they wanted to help us as there was proof. Unfortunately, the problem is I didnt know whether the phone was still there or not. The phone was offline. Last seen on 1.48 p.m. It was nearly 12 a.m when we reached the police station. One of the abang polis knows how to read the map which looked so much confusing to me. Luckily X is nearby the station. If I tell you what X exactly is you will be surprised.

"Kenapa cik tak datang buat report dari siang tadi?"
"Saya taktau pula handphone hilang boleh buat report police"
"Cik, ayam, lembu, kerbau hilang pun boleh buat report cik"

Okay X is Kem Tentera OOOO. I seriously was surprised. Like what the heck my phone's doing there? So that's mean someone related to tentera or what took my phone. Let's be husnudzon. Maybe he planned to give it back by tomorrow? But didnt have time to call me? Perhaps. Well, it was a big chance for the person to take a free iPhone. Can I call it stealing by chance? The pakcik polis told us it was not easy to get into the camp. We should come in peace. No accusing. No harm.

"Cik kami cuba untuk bantu. Kita cakap elok-elok untuk masuk. Kalau tak dapat harap cik faham. Susah sikit cik sebab ini bukan kawasan kami"

Oh God please help me entering X, I prayed silently.

We followed the police car to the camp. I didnt know what the police said to the soldiers. I didnt hear them. I couldnt concentrate as I was too nervous. Imagine entering someplace that is unfamiliar to you and the receptionists are holding gun with fiery eyes looking at you like you have done something wrong. Scary dont you think? Thanks to pakcik polis we finally had the chance to enter the camp. It was not the first time for me since my dad was once an army.

Upon entering the camp, they just wanted one person to come out from the car.

"Seorang je keluar dari kereta"

So obviously I have to be the one since that's my phone that gone missing. As what I had done in the police station, again I showed them the maps. My phone wasnt far from the point where we were standing. I told them they can trace it using the apps but unluckily it was offline.

"Macam ni tuan point warna biru ni ialah lokasi di mana kita berada sekarang. Yang warna putih ni di mana hand phone saya berada. Tapi ni pukul 1.48 minit petang tadi. Sekarang phone off jadi saya taktau masih ada dekat point ni atau dah berada di tempat lain"
"Cik point biru ni akan gerak kan cik? Jadi saya akan tahu bila saya makin mendekat ke point putih?"
"Ya tuan"




"Sekurang-kurangnya kita nak tengok titik pertemuan antara dua titik ni"

I could read pakcik askar's face. It was written in his face that all this things is such a waste. It is impossible to find the phone.

"Takpe cik, shift saya dah nak habis. Nanti saya tolong cik"

Finally someone said it! God bless them. From the beginning I used Tee's phone as the navigator. I handed it to abang askar who willing to help. I think everyone knows that kem tentera is a restricted area. It is not a public area. So we couldnt go any further from the guardhouse. After 10 minutes of waiting, the abang askar came back.

He said excitedly to the pakcik.
"Bos betul bos saya tuju phone ni dekat pintu rumah A, takde apa-apa. Tapi bila saya tuju dekat pintu B berkelip-kelip bos. Macam mana pun B juga bos"

Unfortunately it was a family house.

"Kalau rumah bujang senang sikit cik kita nak geledah ini rumah yang dah bekeluarga susah sikit cik"
"Macam mana kalau memang betul telefon saya ada dekat situ tapi mereka tak mahu bagi?"

(Dealing with people like this you gotta talk strictly but in a polite way. Remember we come with no harm no accusing)

"Takpe cik kalau mereka tak nak mengaku saya akan arahkan unit jenayah tentera untuk geledah rumah tu"

I was "WOW LIKE SERIOUSLY MAN?"

"Kenapa tak datang dari siang tadi cik dah ada bukti, pagi-pagi buta macam ni baru nak datang"
"Saya taktahu tuan, kalau saya tahu dah lama datang"

(The policemen were already left long before abang askar searched for the house. This is not their area so they cannot be here for long. In simple words, they are just a helper to get me in)

I didnt know how the abang askar talked to them about the missing phone, about the apps that lead him to the house. I really wanted to know how the conversation went.

About 10 minutes waiting, again, the abang came back I hoped with a good news of course. He parked his bike next to my car. Hands in the pocket ready to show me something.

"Cik jumpa dah" (1.56 a.m. on 19th Dec)

Oh God thank you my Lord. You answered my prayer.

"Anak dia kata dia terjumpa dekat terminal siang tadi"

I didnt ask further questions. I was amazed. The apps really leaded me to the right way. I was thinking it is "terjumpa" or really terjumpa? I guess it was "terjumpa" because my simcard was already removed. The phone was switch off though there was still some batteries left. I really wanted to know how the abang asked for the phone.

Have you watched Paper Town?
At said our journey last Friday was like in the movie. It wasnt searching for a missing friend, but for a missing phone. Thank you Asi and all for non stop convincing me to make a report. If not, I wont get to see my precious phone ever again.

It was an amazing journey. Young people like me and friends, like the abang-abang polis and askar were so much amazed with the technology established by Apple Inc. Sure it would be a hot subject to talk about for days.

BUT the apps can only trace the missing phone provided the phone is online (meaning the phone must not be switched off and the mobile data is on)




Once you have used an iPhone, you wont look at other phones anymore (I think this statement is applicable to most of iPhone user)

Till then.


No comments: